The most common way to travel to Vigo is by car. The good connections of the city allow to reach Vigo by highway from Madrid, Santiago, A Coruña and Oporto.
There are three main highways arriving to Vigo:
- Madrid and Vigo are connected by the Autovía del Noroeste (A-6) and the Autovía das Rías Baixas (A-52). They are 667 kilometers away that are made in an average of six hours.
- To get to Vigo from Portugal you must take the A3 that connects Oporto, Lisbon and Braga with the Spanish border and links there to the AP-9 and A-55 that will leave you in the center of Vigo.
- To move by car through Galicia the best option is the Autopista del Atlántico (AP9), which links Vigo and A Coruña to Pontevedra and Santiago de Compostela.
It is also possible to reach Vigo by bus. There are direct bus lines from Madrid, Barcelona, Asturias, Bilbao, Irún, San Sebastián, Zaragoza, Extremadura and Andalusia to Vigo. In addition, there are international bus routes that reach Vigo from Portugal and from France, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark and Germany.
Bus station, Avenida de Madrid, 57
Phone: 986 373 411
[vc_tta_section title=”Peinador-Vigo Airport” tab_id=”peinador”][vc_column_text]There are only national connections available.
It is located 10 km away from the city. There are 2 ways to go to the city center.
- CABS: Taxi ranks are opposite from arrivals terminal. The set price of the journey to Vigo is 22.27 €.
- BUS: There are scheduled bus services from the airport to the city center every 40 minutes. The bus stop is next to the arrivals terminal entrance. The ticket price is 1.40 €
[vc_tta_section title=”Rosalia de Castro-Santiago Airport” tab_id=”rosalia”][vc_column_text]It is located 100 km from Vigo.
- CABS: Taxi ranks are opposite from arrivals terminal. The set price of the journey to Vigo is 120 €.
- BUS: There is not a direct bus from Santiago de Compostela Airport (SCQ) to Vigo Urzáiz. However, there are services departing from Aeropuerto Rosalía de Castro to the Santiago de Compostela Intermodal Train and Bus Station, where you can catch a train or bus to Vigo Urzáiz. The journey, including transfers, takes approximately 3h 24m.
[vc_tta_section title=”Francisco Sá Carneiro-Oporto Airport” tab_id=”francisco”][vc_column_text]
It is located to 150 km from Vigo and offers plenty of international connections.
- BUS: FlixBus operates a bus from Porto to Vigo twice daily. Tickets cost 10 € – 13 € and the journey takes 2h 40m. Three other operators also operate this route.
- TRAIN: Take the underground (purple line, 1,5€) from the airport to Campanhã station (30 min). There you can take the train to Vigo. There are two journeys per day, approximately 2h 30m long, 12€
- TRANSFER: The set price of the journey to Vigo is 200€.
You can reach Vigo by train from Madrid, Barcelona, Ourense, Pontevedra, Santiago, A Coruña, Ponferrada, León, Bilbao, Alicante and Oporto. To travel from Madrid there are three options: the Intercity train, the Alvia train and the Hotel Train.
Vigo has two train stations, both in the city center:
- URZAIZ: in Plaza de la Estación, for AVE (high-speed railway) from Coruña-Santiago
- GUIXAR: in the street Areal, for remaining trains.
Phone: 902 240 202