GÉANT and EUNIS have teamed-up for a series of workshop exchanges on Cloud Management issues.
Second joint online workshop was held on 1 April 2022.
Topics: GDPR, Schrems, Data classification, Security
Target group: members of the EUNIS Cloud Community Group & GÉANT Cloud Team
The aim of this online workshop was to bring together our mutual communities of users, experts, and policy makers in higher education and research institutions, by exchanging knowledge, questions and experience, by addressing benefits and challenges from organisational, technical and managerial perspective.
Outputs and presentations from the workshop are linked within the agenda below:
- Welcome and opening by Bas Cordewener, Board member EUNIS
- Brief update on EUNIS & GÉANT cloud groups collaboration by Denise Dittrich (Lead of EUNIS cloud community group) and Maria Ristkok (leads of the GÉANT Cloud community GÉANT)
- Break-out groups for getting to know each other. Exchange & discuss on:
– What are the main security issues concerning the cloud right now?
– What steps did you take concerning Schrems?
- Schrems-2 Changing regulations, practical issues, possible approaches by Magdalena Rzaca (GÉANT GDPR & IPR legal advisor)
- Schrems-2 Q&A, Menti poll Schrems-2 rules
- Checklist concerning Schrems by Leanne Walsh (HEAnet)
Cloud & Security Risk assessment
- Cloud security checklists for institutions by Slavko Gajin (University of Belgrade, GÉANT Cloud Team)
- Cloud & Security Risk assessments and management by Christian Fötinger (HS Augsburg,, Germany)
- GÉANT data classification sheet for risk assessment by Slavko Gajin (University of Belgrade, GÉANT Cloud Team)
- Example licensing Microsoft M365 risk assessment by Denise Dittrich (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
- Cloud & Security Risk, Q&A, poll on Future topics: Have you done a risk assessment concerning a cloud service before?
Wrap up and close
Read the summary here.